And….. Don’t miss the Rockefeller Museum Holiday Open House December 2
In 2008, the first annual Holiday Ornament Tree showcased more than 600 ornaments handmade by our Hot Glass Team. The tree was eight feet tall and four feet in diameter at the bottom. The next year, the tree grew to 14 feet tall, with more than 2,000 glass ornaments made by Museum glassmakers.
The Museum’s glittering ornament tree has now become a holiday tradition—the perfect background for an annual holiday photo. The tree is joined by other wonders in glass, including a holiday feast made entirely of glass as well as a life-sized glass snowperson family, the Tree of Life Menorah, Advent Wreath, and Kwanzaa Setting.
You can’t buy the ornaments on these trees, but you can Make Your Own Glass Ornament, year-round, at The Studio.
Learn more at: https://whatson.cmog.org/seasonal/holiday-ornament-tree
The Rockwell Museum Invites You to Their Holiday Open House
Saturday, December 2, 2023
9:00 am – 9:00 pm
Location: The Rockwell Museum
From the festive scarf adorning the beloved Artemus the bison on the façade of the building to the annual Gingerbread Invitational, a visit to The Rockwell is the perfect addition to your holiday tradition. We’re pleased to offer free admission all weekend, December 2 & 3, to kick off a memorable holiday season.
- Visit & vote! Cast your ballot for the 9th Annual Gingerbread Invitational Community Choice Award – we’ll collect votes all month long and announce the winner at the end of the month!
- Participate in gingerbread cookie decorating and gallery activities in the Museum
- Enjoy authentic, un-plugged play with new winter and gingerbread-themed activities at the KIDS ROCKWELL Art Lab (36 E. Market Street)
- Enjoy shopping for quality gifts for everyone on your list in The Museum Store.
- View The Living Legacy of Clara S. Peck: Rockwell Collection Hero
Learn more at https://rockwellmuseum.org/events/openhouse23-1