Overnight storm could make for a messy Wednesday morning
10 tips to make the winter season safe and manageable
From Steuben County Public Health:
“Winter weather advisory starting Tuesday night. Make sure you’re prepared now for your travel in the morning. Give yourself extra time and use caution.
Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze.
From 5 PM Tuesday to 11 AM EST Wednesday- Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute.
A period of snow moves into the area Tuesday evening before likely changing over to a wintry mix of rain, freezing rain, sleet and perhaps some lingering snow late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Temperatures will be in the upper 20s to mid-30s through the event. The higher end snow and ice totals will be found across the higher elevations.
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 511.
10 tips to make winter a little easier, by Syrena Lynn Carver
Are you ready for winter? Preparation is key to having a good winter season.
1. Have a shovel and salt handy to keep your sidewalk clear.
2. Get two good scraper/brushes- 1 for your vehicle and 1 to keep inside to make morning cleaning easier 3. Make sure windows are closed, locked, and have good weatherstripping
4. Keep thermostat around 68 for energy savings
5. Try to keep your gas tank full
6. Keep an extra set of mittens, socks and a hat in your car. And a blanket could be useful.
7. Make sure your tires have good tread
8. Make sure your car is winterized
9. Always remember to clean the snow of the hood and roof before driving away
10. Give yourself time to get to wherever you’re going!