See the schedule for Saturday November 25 festivities
From the Gaffer District,
The Corning Gaffer District has unveiled the street closures planned for the upcoming Parade of Lights event on Market Street in Corning.
For the duration of the parade, some streets will temporarily close to vehicle traffic, ensuring a safe viewing experience for visitors as they enjoy the illuminated displays, festive floats, marching bands, and the highly anticipated arrival of Santa Claus on Saturday, November 25. Street closures will occur at various times.
From 5:15 p.m. until 8 p.m., the following street closures are scheduled:
– Westbound on Denison Parkway at Bridge Street (right turn prohibited) from 5:15 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
– Eastbound on Denison Parkway at Bridge Street (left turn prohibited) from 5:15 p.m. until 7:30 p.m.
– Westbound on Tioga Avenue at Cedar Street (left turn prohibited) from 5:45 p.m. until 8 p.m.
– Eastbound on Denison Parkway at Cedar Street (left turn prohibited) from 5:45 p.m. until 8 p.m.
– Cedar Street (from Tioga Street to Burmese Lane) from 5:50 p.m. until 8 p.m.
Moreover, the following streets will be closed from 6 p.m. until 11:30 p.m.:
– West Market Street (from South Bridge to Chestnut)
– West Market Street (from Chestnut to Walnut)
– West Market Street (from Walnut to Pine)
– East Market Street (from Pine to Cedar)
– East Market Street (from Cedar to Wall)
– Tarantelli Lane (from Aurene to West Market)
– Chestnut Street (from Aurene to Burmese)
– Walnut Street (from Aurene to Burmese)
– Pine Street (from Market to Burmese)
– Wall Street (from Tioga to Burmese)
In addition, South Bridge Street, extending from the north entrance of Wegmans to Denison Parkway, will close from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m.
For more details about this event, including parking information, interested individuals can visit the Gaffer District’s website.