Read the tentative agenda for the meeting
HORNELL CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT 120 RAIDER ROAD HORNELL, NEW YORK
BOARD OF EDUCATION TENTATIVE AGENDA
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 7, 2022 – 5:15 PM HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY
- Opening by the President
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Roll Call: Jessica Hess, Christopher Clark, Meghann Khork, James Marino, Uzma Mehr, Joseph Liberto, Kerry Davis
- Public Comment
- Recommended Actions
- Summer Graduation – Morgan Allison, HS Principal – Scott Sexton The Board will pause the meeting for a brief reception for the graduate.
- Construction Report
- Celebrating Success
- Superintendent’s Report
- Consent Agenda / Routine
Moved by , seconded by to act upon the recommendation of Superintendent Palotti to approve the following Consent Agenda items 1 through 2:
- Approval of the minutes from the meetings of August 9 and 24, 2022.
- Resolved that the Board has no objections to the recommendations of the Committee on Special Education and approves the authorization of funds to implement the special education programs and services
consistent with such recommendations for the meeting of August 29, 2022, and the CPSE meeting of August 31, 2022 and the 504 meeting of August 31, 2022 . .
AYE NAY ABSTAINED
- Old Business
- SRO Agreement with City of Hornell
Resolved that, upon the recommendation of Superintendent Palotti, the Board approve the SRO Agreement with the City of Hornell for the 2022/23 school year.
- New Business
- Tech Equipment Disposal
Resolved that, upon the recommendation of Superintendent Palotti, the Board authorize Patrick Flaitz to dispose of the tech equipment on the list dated September 7, 2022.
- Facility Use Agreement – Hornell Area Wind Ensemble
Resolved that, upon the recommendation of Superintendent Palotti the Board approve the request of the Hornell Area Wind Ensemble to pay a flat rate
of $500 for the use of the school facilities for the 2022/23 school year on days that staff is normally scheduled.
- Jr/Sr High 22-23 Capital Outlay Project Bid Award
Resolved that, upon the recommendation of Superintendent Palotti, the Board here-in awards the 22-23 Jr/Sr High Capital Outlay Project plumbing contract to the lowest responsible bidder, as follows:
Amering & Johnston, Inc. – $40,700
There are numerous personnel items on the agenda.
The next Regular Board of Education Meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 5, 2022 at 5:15 PM in the High School Library.
Motion to move to Executive Session to discuss the tenure of a particular individual.